Friday, April 24, 2009

My Grace is Sufficient for you

When I was growing up I have to say I didn't give much care to what people thought of me. I don't think it was confidence I think it was mainly a coping mechanism. Growing up my parents weren't around much so if I did let someone "in" I was going to use much caution. Whats changed since then?? I care what everyone thinks! I am not really sure as to why either. I mean of course if you hurt someone you want to seek forgiveness or be kind to others. But for me it is more than that.
I have been having a hard time these last few weeks. And as I am laying there sometimes with tears I hear the Lord saying to me "My grace is Sufficient for you" Do I believe this?? You bet! I have been forgiven, redeemed, given new life in Jesus Christ and the list could go on. And Praise God for that. I am not really sure what I am getting at here or what I am really trying to say. I have just been struggling with the fact that people aren't as forgiving and the world will not always see you as changed even if you are not even close to who you are before. But I know and see that Jesus has changed people more than anyone could have ever imagined. I have experienced the weight of sin and shame being removed. And I am so far from perfect, but I am thankful that I have the Lord and His word to show me my imperfections.
Psalm 130
Out of the depths I cry to you O Lord!
O Lord, hear my voice!
Let your ears be attentive
to the voice of my pleas for mercy!
If you O Lord, should mark iniquities,
O Lord, who could stand?
But with you there is forgiveness,
that you may be feared.
I wait for the Lord, my soul waits,
and in his word I hope;
my soul waits for the Lord
more than watchmen for the morning
more than watchmen for the morning
O Israel, hope in the Lord!
For with the Lord there is steadfast love,
and with him is plentiful redemption.
And he will redeem Israel
from all his iniquities.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you wrote this, because it is exactly what I needed to read today. I often find myself feeling the same way, especially lately as I've really been struggling with this. Thank you for sharing that verse!

    I'll be praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely struggle with this daily. God has been working in my heart to increase my belief as a child of His. I am His daughter. I don't think I can wrap my head around that one. But that is how He sees me. And that is how I should see myself. But so often I don't. I let other things define me. But I hope and pray as I grow my belief in who I really am will grow too. And those other things will start defining me less. How freeing that would be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber
    I think alot more people struggle with this more than you know. I myself battle daily with the worries of the world and what it thinks. I just remember that it is God that I need to please no one else. He knows my heart and takes me for me with all my faults. You will never gain enough acceptance from anyone in this world. You will be let down and let down others yourself and you have to remember we are all in the same boat. I thank Jesus for what he has done for us and that he will never leave us or forsake us. His Grace is sufficient for me and for you too. I love you and will be praying for you and for our circumstances.

    ReplyDelete

Norah

Norah

Ava

Ava

Dallas

Dallas

Reese

Reese

husband and wife

husband and wife
Okay Dallas when you hit the ball you need to run to 1st base, 2nd base, and then home.....no mom! I don't want to go home!Reese was outside singing today while she was on the swing. And she says to me. "Mom, the sun is coming out because I am singing....I am wakin it up!" Keep singing girl, keep singing!Dallas: Look mom his doesn't have twin wheels! (translation:training wheels)Dallas: When I am a daddy....I want one of those baby Norahs.So sweet!Reese: Mom I like these things...What things? Reese: These Rat-tat-too-ies Do you mean Tattoos?Reese: Yah! TattoosDallas was holding Norah and this is what he said....Norah pooped. She pooped 3 times....Oooo....she pooped 10 times mom!!Reese was going to the bathroom and when she was done she looked (as all kids do) and said "oooo, look mom. I ate carrots!"Reese has been wanting her ears pierced. She spent that night at Ambers house and asked her if she could do it. Amber told her that it would hurt and after she did one ear she would have to do the second ear. She said "how bout you do the second ear first"We been telling the kids that Norah can't have anything to eat because she is to little. Dallas walks in the hospital and get up to look at Norah and says: "I want to see if she has a mouth"In the morning when the kids wake up they come and crawl in bed with us. I was laying on my side talking with Reese. She looked at me and said "Mom...your boobs are hugging" I just laughed. She then said "they love each other" The thoughts of a 5 ....and just in case you were wondering. I was wearing a tank top ;)Mom....when I am a mom I will have two kids and then we will have lots of kids at our house!!(And what do we have now...I am thinking)Dallas looked at my blog and the picture of the "barefoot and pregnant""mommy that's you!"Boy do I love that kid ;)My room is usually a mess. Of course I have all the "good" excuses as to why :) Well my surprise when I got home from work was a nice clean room with a made bed.When Reese came and got me this morning she said "Mom your room is Amazing!"

the things they say...

Reese: Hey mom look! She walks just fine and doesn't even need a cane! (we were at costco and she said this about an elderly lady...nice!)

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mother of 4,a friend, and a child of God....I am addicted to coupons. Hopefully these confessions will help you save money for your family. Blessings