Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Grocery Shopping


Money Spent: $65.19 I know that you are probably more interested in seeing my adorable children, but they have not been so exciting to me these days. Yes I love them, but boy oh boy....it is tough right now. So I am going to post about Grocery Shopping....I should of taken pictures of the kids as I go. You would really get a kick out of that. If I am going to really get into this couponing thing, then I am going to have to do it when my kids aren't with me. I think I spent more than I would've if they weren't there. I was just throwing stuff in that I had coupons for. Right now @ Safeway if you spend 30$ on participating products you get 10$ off your next order. (so if my kids weren't with me I would of separated this into 2 transactions and got 2 10$....argh) But I was able to hold the meat back and got it for free....they actually gave me change back! I am sure that I will get better as I go. Oh and I still have a 2$ off coupon leftover for my next Safeway purchase.
I was also able to go to the fruit stand and buy a box of produce for $17.87
2.24 lbs Asparagus
.56 lbs Red Peppers
2 Green Bell Peppers
Green Onion
Romaine
Baby Carrots
Cilantro
3 Limes
2 Red onions
6 lbs Bananas
4 lbs Honey Crisp Apples

I have to go to my other computer in order to see my grocery total. So I will let you know.... And to answer the question of what I am doing? I am just looking at the Frugal Living websites and seeing the best deals. If you stockpile you will not have to buy things at the highest price when you need them. There is the Grocery Game, but that cost money and because I have kids I am not sure how "active" I can be in this. I would feel like I was throwing money away. Couponing takes TIME

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. I need to start doing this too. Now that we are actually living on a budget, I find it is very hard to get all the things we need with the money there is for it. Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job friend! Wow. How's the monthly budget coming, still going to make it under $400?? If you do I'll be SO impressed. I spend way too much money on food. I wish I wasn't confined to an island and had more choices in grocery stores then two, who happen to be owned by the same person....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that I am at $263 so far
    and that included diapers, if we eat out & everything

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Job Amber!
    I did a lot of coupon shopping when the boys were growing up. Although we were on a tight budget I though it was fun to see how far I could make the money go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amber, that is truly unbelievable!! Come over and show me how to do it. My husband would love you for it. I keep telling Sean to raise the food budget, but really we need to lower it. sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cool! I really should try something like this. I think groceries are our biggest expense and unnecessarily too. We are trying to eat healthier and my goal is to not spend more doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you are signed up for WIC you can get a lot of these things for free...

    ReplyDelete

Norah

Norah

Ava

Ava

Dallas

Dallas

Reese

Reese

husband and wife

husband and wife
Okay Dallas when you hit the ball you need to run to 1st base, 2nd base, and then home.....no mom! I don't want to go home!Reese was outside singing today while she was on the swing. And she says to me. "Mom, the sun is coming out because I am singing....I am wakin it up!" Keep singing girl, keep singing!Dallas: Look mom his doesn't have twin wheels! (translation:training wheels)Dallas: When I am a daddy....I want one of those baby Norahs.So sweet!Reese: Mom I like these things...What things? Reese: These Rat-tat-too-ies Do you mean Tattoos?Reese: Yah! TattoosDallas was holding Norah and this is what he said....Norah pooped. She pooped 3 times....Oooo....she pooped 10 times mom!!Reese was going to the bathroom and when she was done she looked (as all kids do) and said "oooo, look mom. I ate carrots!"Reese has been wanting her ears pierced. She spent that night at Ambers house and asked her if she could do it. Amber told her that it would hurt and after she did one ear she would have to do the second ear. She said "how bout you do the second ear first"We been telling the kids that Norah can't have anything to eat because she is to little. Dallas walks in the hospital and get up to look at Norah and says: "I want to see if she has a mouth"In the morning when the kids wake up they come and crawl in bed with us. I was laying on my side talking with Reese. She looked at me and said "Mom...your boobs are hugging" I just laughed. She then said "they love each other" The thoughts of a 5 ....and just in case you were wondering. I was wearing a tank top ;)Mom....when I am a mom I will have two kids and then we will have lots of kids at our house!!(And what do we have now...I am thinking)Dallas looked at my blog and the picture of the "barefoot and pregnant""mommy that's you!"Boy do I love that kid ;)My room is usually a mess. Of course I have all the "good" excuses as to why :) Well my surprise when I got home from work was a nice clean room with a made bed.When Reese came and got me this morning she said "Mom your room is Amazing!"

the things they say...

Reese: Hey mom look! She walks just fine and doesn't even need a cane! (we were at costco and she said this about an elderly lady...nice!)

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mother of 4,a friend, and a child of God....I am addicted to coupons. Hopefully these confessions will help you save money for your family. Blessings