Sunday, October 26, 2008

Repentance....


I have been thinking of the word repentance lately and today I was struck with how I needed to repent. I love going to my church because I am constantly put in my place. I don't have someone coming up to me pointing a finger per say, but God is speaking to me opening my heart. ....he who has a ear let him hear... I LOVE that we go somewhere that really speaks the truth. Instead of giving us warm fuzzies all the time. We all need warm fuzzies here and there...hopefully you understand what I am saying. Anyhow, with our current situation I have just been feeling so much shame, guilt, worthlessness and the list can go on.

Why have I been feeling this way? Here is a verse I read this week in my study of the First Principals. Romans 1 I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. 2 Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

I have been reacting the very way the world tells me too! I have basically been throwing myself down on the ground kicking and screaming. Thinking it really is the end of the world for me.

Father please forgive me for reacting in such a way that is so displeasing to you. You are God and you are the one who gives and takes away. I am excited to see how you are going to work this out not for my benefit but for Your will to be done. I am excited to grow and rely on You. Help us to endure this trial with joy knowing that you are above all of this. You have done so much for us and forgive me for thinking that it was never enough. Here I am Lord, here I am!

5 comments:

  1. Amen Sista! I love how the Word of God speaks the truth we need in our lives just when we need it. This is a great passage for me to focus on too, as i will be spending much more time in the world for a while. (if you know what I mean)

    Thanks for opening up your heart and sharing with us girl. Love you and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen and amen. So true. Praying for you too. Love, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen!! We all battle the will of the world and need a good kick to realize we are not putting our lives in God's hands!! I go thru that a lot!! Love that you are opening up and sharing sweetie!! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you have found a light to lift your spirits. God gave us this beautiful world to live in and brains to think and make choices with. We can choose to enjoy our time here and the relationships we have or we can choose to only see the bad. It is hard but looking to him for guidance will help you have more wonderful experiences than bad and your relationships with family and friends will also flourish. You are a wonderful person and an inspiration to me.
    Love,
    Aunt Riesa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was totally convicted and encouraged on Sunday too! Praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Norah

Norah

Ava

Ava

Dallas

Dallas

Reese

Reese

husband and wife

husband and wife
Okay Dallas when you hit the ball you need to run to 1st base, 2nd base, and then home.....no mom! I don't want to go home!Reese was outside singing today while she was on the swing. And she says to me. "Mom, the sun is coming out because I am singing....I am wakin it up!" Keep singing girl, keep singing!Dallas: Look mom his doesn't have twin wheels! (translation:training wheels)Dallas: When I am a daddy....I want one of those baby Norahs.So sweet!Reese: Mom I like these things...What things? Reese: These Rat-tat-too-ies Do you mean Tattoos?Reese: Yah! TattoosDallas was holding Norah and this is what he said....Norah pooped. She pooped 3 times....Oooo....she pooped 10 times mom!!Reese was going to the bathroom and when she was done she looked (as all kids do) and said "oooo, look mom. I ate carrots!"Reese has been wanting her ears pierced. She spent that night at Ambers house and asked her if she could do it. Amber told her that it would hurt and after she did one ear she would have to do the second ear. She said "how bout you do the second ear first"We been telling the kids that Norah can't have anything to eat because she is to little. Dallas walks in the hospital and get up to look at Norah and says: "I want to see if she has a mouth"In the morning when the kids wake up they come and crawl in bed with us. I was laying on my side talking with Reese. She looked at me and said "Mom...your boobs are hugging" I just laughed. She then said "they love each other" The thoughts of a 5 ....and just in case you were wondering. I was wearing a tank top ;)Mom....when I am a mom I will have two kids and then we will have lots of kids at our house!!(And what do we have now...I am thinking)Dallas looked at my blog and the picture of the "barefoot and pregnant""mommy that's you!"Boy do I love that kid ;)My room is usually a mess. Of course I have all the "good" excuses as to why :) Well my surprise when I got home from work was a nice clean room with a made bed.When Reese came and got me this morning she said "Mom your room is Amazing!"

the things they say...

Reese: Hey mom look! She walks just fine and doesn't even need a cane! (we were at costco and she said this about an elderly lady...nice!)

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mother of 4,a friend, and a child of God....I am addicted to coupons. Hopefully these confessions will help you save money for your family. Blessings