Monday, June 9, 2008

No more excuses!!

No more excuses!! That is what I am forever going to tell myself. I have been making them for myself for years when it comes to getting into the Word.
This weekend I had the privilege to hang out with a bunch of my ladies from church. We talked about a bunch of things from getting the spark back in your marriage, child rearing, to your passion. All areas which I feel I need work. I have always felt that I struggle with being a good mom because I did not have an example of what a mom should be from my mother. So usually what I do is the opposite of what she did, read a lot of parenting books, or watch and ask what others are doing. I was at the park and telling a gal about how I felt and she expressed having the same problem. She stated that she just went to a parenting class and the pastor said too many people say "I don't know what to do because I wasn't given a good example of parenting" He basically said that you need to be in the Word because God is the perfect parent and he will teach you. How true is that!!
Well this brings me back to my first sentence. I constantly tell myself I don't have time to get into the Word....yada yada! I do however have time to blog...hmmmm. My next excuse would be I do most of my computer stuff when I am nursing so therefore it is justified. Well today is a new day! I have decided to first go to www.Biblegateway.com (because holding the book open is a little difficult for me) and read the Word before I go travel the net. I have also decided to cut myself off from running to the computer so much and choose to interact with my kids although I am nursing a baby.
I asked Reese this morning what she thinks mommy cares about the most? She said "the kids! to kiss and hug them" Although I love this response, I am looking forward to the day when she says "Jesus, Daddy and Us (in that order)"

3 comments:

  1. Amen sista! I too am very convicted about saying i don't have time and yet look at my blog. I'm realizing I need to do a budget for how I'll spend my time just like I do for how I spend my money. I'm all about tsome acountability :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say Amen too! I think a lot of us are on the same page right now. So let's all help each other, hold each other accountable, and share what we are learning.

    It was great to spend time with you and the other ladies on Saturday! I felt God really blessed us and convicted us (in a good way).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another Amen here. I love the idea of holding each other accountable. I went too long with a hit and miss reading of the Word after a couple of years of reading it every night. I've been getting back into it daily and it amazes me how God talks to me!

    I look forward to seeing on your blogs what you are reading. :-) (And I'll share too)

    ReplyDelete

Norah

Norah

Ava

Ava

Dallas

Dallas

Reese

Reese

husband and wife

husband and wife
Okay Dallas when you hit the ball you need to run to 1st base, 2nd base, and then home.....no mom! I don't want to go home!Reese was outside singing today while she was on the swing. And she says to me. "Mom, the sun is coming out because I am singing....I am wakin it up!" Keep singing girl, keep singing!Dallas: Look mom his doesn't have twin wheels! (translation:training wheels)Dallas: When I am a daddy....I want one of those baby Norahs.So sweet!Reese: Mom I like these things...What things? Reese: These Rat-tat-too-ies Do you mean Tattoos?Reese: Yah! TattoosDallas was holding Norah and this is what he said....Norah pooped. She pooped 3 times....Oooo....she pooped 10 times mom!!Reese was going to the bathroom and when she was done she looked (as all kids do) and said "oooo, look mom. I ate carrots!"Reese has been wanting her ears pierced. She spent that night at Ambers house and asked her if she could do it. Amber told her that it would hurt and after she did one ear she would have to do the second ear. She said "how bout you do the second ear first"We been telling the kids that Norah can't have anything to eat because she is to little. Dallas walks in the hospital and get up to look at Norah and says: "I want to see if she has a mouth"In the morning when the kids wake up they come and crawl in bed with us. I was laying on my side talking with Reese. She looked at me and said "Mom...your boobs are hugging" I just laughed. She then said "they love each other" The thoughts of a 5 ....and just in case you were wondering. I was wearing a tank top ;)Mom....when I am a mom I will have two kids and then we will have lots of kids at our house!!(And what do we have now...I am thinking)Dallas looked at my blog and the picture of the "barefoot and pregnant""mommy that's you!"Boy do I love that kid ;)My room is usually a mess. Of course I have all the "good" excuses as to why :) Well my surprise when I got home from work was a nice clean room with a made bed.When Reese came and got me this morning she said "Mom your room is Amazing!"

the things they say...

Reese: Hey mom look! She walks just fine and doesn't even need a cane! (we were at costco and she said this about an elderly lady...nice!)

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mother of 4,a friend, and a child of God....I am addicted to coupons. Hopefully these confessions will help you save money for your family. Blessings