Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Under Construction








Last Thanksgiving I found these bar stools at the Goodwill. They are not my favorite, but with the constant flow of entertainment that goes on at the Bustanoby house I needed some extra seats for our bar area. So for $3.50 I think I did pretty good. I also thought it would be nice to transform these puppies into something cute. While I will probably not get this this for awhile I thought I would let you know what was going on in my head. Do you see the potential? I know by the picture they don't look half bad, but they are starting to come apart on the wicker. So this will need to be done. I asked my husband this morning if he would be able to help me and he said "I like them the way they are" code for you have way to many other things going on to be doing this right now! I don't think he knew what he was getting into when he married me. But he loves me and he said he would help. Love that guy! So one day you will get a peak at this treasures of mine. The choosing of the fabric is going to be the hardest part. There are way to many choices out there. And the more I write this post the more I realize that the name of my blog fits me perfectly. I am constantly "Under Construction" I don't think it would be me if I wasn't. I love changing things, making things, and doing things. I am trying to learn how to sit still and be quite, but I think that is going to be a life long journey.

12 comments:

  1. I'll trade you my stools for your stools. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. as is or the finished product? would you leave them the way they are?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm assuming anonymous is you, Amber...if not, well, just ignore me. I'd take them as is, but that is not to say your idea isn't a good one, because I think they'd look amazing redone. So I guess since the wicker is falling apart the only option is redoing them...

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes. it was me ;) the picture makes them look much better :) I think it was the pointers you gave me

    ReplyDelete
  5. well that, and because you have it setting on an awesome rug!! Do you want to trade that?? I'm sure I could find something to trade you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmmm let think about that....nope :) and if you are wondering why i am staying anonymous it is because if I am signed in to my gmail account it says the comment is from Collin for some reason ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i got it! new hardwood floors....look at mine they are disgusting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. well, anonymous, I can't help you with the wood floors, mine are just as bad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amber. I love that rug. Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks! I got it at anthropolgy for 15$!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marcos dice muy bueno el blog, volveré más tarde a ver más. Saludos

    ReplyDelete

Norah

Norah

Ava

Ava

Dallas

Dallas

Reese

Reese

husband and wife

husband and wife
Okay Dallas when you hit the ball you need to run to 1st base, 2nd base, and then home.....no mom! I don't want to go home!Reese was outside singing today while she was on the swing. And she says to me. "Mom, the sun is coming out because I am singing....I am wakin it up!" Keep singing girl, keep singing!Dallas: Look mom his doesn't have twin wheels! (translation:training wheels)Dallas: When I am a daddy....I want one of those baby Norahs.So sweet!Reese: Mom I like these things...What things? Reese: These Rat-tat-too-ies Do you mean Tattoos?Reese: Yah! TattoosDallas was holding Norah and this is what he said....Norah pooped. She pooped 3 times....Oooo....she pooped 10 times mom!!Reese was going to the bathroom and when she was done she looked (as all kids do) and said "oooo, look mom. I ate carrots!"Reese has been wanting her ears pierced. She spent that night at Ambers house and asked her if she could do it. Amber told her that it would hurt and after she did one ear she would have to do the second ear. She said "how bout you do the second ear first"We been telling the kids that Norah can't have anything to eat because she is to little. Dallas walks in the hospital and get up to look at Norah and says: "I want to see if she has a mouth"In the morning when the kids wake up they come and crawl in bed with us. I was laying on my side talking with Reese. She looked at me and said "Mom...your boobs are hugging" I just laughed. She then said "they love each other" The thoughts of a 5 ....and just in case you were wondering. I was wearing a tank top ;)Mom....when I am a mom I will have two kids and then we will have lots of kids at our house!!(And what do we have now...I am thinking)Dallas looked at my blog and the picture of the "barefoot and pregnant""mommy that's you!"Boy do I love that kid ;)My room is usually a mess. Of course I have all the "good" excuses as to why :) Well my surprise when I got home from work was a nice clean room with a made bed.When Reese came and got me this morning she said "Mom your room is Amazing!"

the things they say...

Reese: Hey mom look! She walks just fine and doesn't even need a cane! (we were at costco and she said this about an elderly lady...nice!)

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mother of 4,a friend, and a child of God....I am addicted to coupons. Hopefully these confessions will help you save money for your family. Blessings