Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Sew Happy

Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I am really liking how my projects are turning out lately. There are a few things I would change of course, but happy all the same. I just finished up 8 aprons for Reese's party. I took a break for awhile to work on another project.
Easter Dresses I have always wanted the girls to have matching dresses, but it gets a little tough when you have a baby in the mix. Not to mention expensive! Sara was kind enough to pass this site on to me and the rest is History.... I have said this before, but sewing for me is great therapy. I seriously enjoy creating things. I have no idea what the Lord is going to have me do with this creative side of me. Maybe it will just turn into a lifetime hobby?? Spring is supposedly supposed to be here soon as well and i will have to be outside tending to my beast of a garden. Boy do I love the flowers, but the WEEDS...kill me now! I wish I had the means to hire a crew and then i could just keep it up.
Oh and you are probably wondering how this little peanut is doing......norah
Boy do i just LOVE LOVE LOVE her. This morning she woke up at 5am and I got to snuggle with her. I wish I could of said that it happened at 7, but hey....she is the last baby in this household. She is quite the chatter box and just this week she finally decided to crawl. I am guessing we have about 1 more week until I am going to have to make sure that there are no small objects around. She seems to be the happiest baby I know. Of course i am a little bias. Okay a lot ;)


Well off to my therapy session.....
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. TOOT TOOT! You better toot your horn. You're making adorable things. I LOVE the pillow case dress. I'm going off-island Friday for doctor appointments and I'm going to be on the hunt for white ones. I love white dresses. Great job Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creations! I especially love the Easter dress, eyelet fabrics are my fav! :) I am starting my first sewing project--burb clothes for James...wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I L-O-V-E the little aprons! I think I'm going to make some for my girls for Easter. Did you use a pattern or just create your own?

    Also, what's the website Sara introduced you to? The link didn't work, and I'm super curious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the aprons. What a great idea for party favors. The Easter dresses are really cute too. You are very crafty. Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all!

    Kristy- For the half aprons i did make up the pattern myself. I am sure that a fabric store would have something similar, but i didn't want to have to go buy anything. I bought an apron at a garage sale one time and did something similar to that and the full apron I have. sorry if that doesn't make sense.
    the website is www.freshlypicked.blogspot.com
    if you google pillowcase dress you will find a ton of great ideas. Oh and that dress is actually made of some fabric i bought....it was really difficult to find cute ones. I did see a few cute shower curtains that could work too ;0 Options are endless ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely creations! I am happy that you are enjoying sewing so much and can't wait to see more of your projects.

    ReplyDelete

Norah

Norah

Ava

Ava

Dallas

Dallas

Reese

Reese

husband and wife

husband and wife
Okay Dallas when you hit the ball you need to run to 1st base, 2nd base, and then home.....no mom! I don't want to go home!Reese was outside singing today while she was on the swing. And she says to me. "Mom, the sun is coming out because I am singing....I am wakin it up!" Keep singing girl, keep singing!Dallas: Look mom his doesn't have twin wheels! (translation:training wheels)Dallas: When I am a daddy....I want one of those baby Norahs.So sweet!Reese: Mom I like these things...What things? Reese: These Rat-tat-too-ies Do you mean Tattoos?Reese: Yah! TattoosDallas was holding Norah and this is what he said....Norah pooped. She pooped 3 times....Oooo....she pooped 10 times mom!!Reese was going to the bathroom and when she was done she looked (as all kids do) and said "oooo, look mom. I ate carrots!"Reese has been wanting her ears pierced. She spent that night at Ambers house and asked her if she could do it. Amber told her that it would hurt and after she did one ear she would have to do the second ear. She said "how bout you do the second ear first"We been telling the kids that Norah can't have anything to eat because she is to little. Dallas walks in the hospital and get up to look at Norah and says: "I want to see if she has a mouth"In the morning when the kids wake up they come and crawl in bed with us. I was laying on my side talking with Reese. She looked at me and said "Mom...your boobs are hugging" I just laughed. She then said "they love each other" The thoughts of a 5 ....and just in case you were wondering. I was wearing a tank top ;)Mom....when I am a mom I will have two kids and then we will have lots of kids at our house!!(And what do we have now...I am thinking)Dallas looked at my blog and the picture of the "barefoot and pregnant""mommy that's you!"Boy do I love that kid ;)My room is usually a mess. Of course I have all the "good" excuses as to why :) Well my surprise when I got home from work was a nice clean room with a made bed.When Reese came and got me this morning she said "Mom your room is Amazing!"

the things they say...

Reese: Hey mom look! She walks just fine and doesn't even need a cane! (we were at costco and she said this about an elderly lady...nice!)

About Me

My photo
I am a wife, mother of 4,a friend, and a child of God....I am addicted to coupons. Hopefully these confessions will help you save money for your family. Blessings