I used to think of this book as "the book of depressing" I got that title from my good friend Amy and I agreed with her. We started going through it at our church and I have been loving it! It is teaching me so much truth and I can't wait to hear more. Yesterday it was going through Chpt. 5 "Taking God Seriously" was the title to the sermon.
Ecclesiastes 5:1-2
Guard your steps as you go to the house of God, and draw near to listen rather than to offer the sacrifice of fools; for they do not know they are doing evil.
Do not be hasty in word or impulsive in thought to bring up a matter in the presence of God. For God is in heaven and you are on earth; therefore let your words be few.
Now after going through it for awhile now I don't think it is depressing. A lot of stuff is hard to hear, but encouraging at the same time.
I encourage you if you have time to listen to it. Here is the website. http://www.gracepugetsound.com/sermons/
What I learned from Anna Joy
14 years ago

Amen! I'm loving this series too!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Ecclesiastes! My college pastor down in CA at Grace Community went through it and it was awesome! Glad you're enjoying it. I don't see a mosaic yet???
ReplyDeleteThe mosaic looks super! And you need to put more pictures of your kids on here, I want to see Reese with her cute glasses!!!!
ReplyDeleteaaaaaah, I'm on your window. I LOVE IT!!!
ReplyDelete